AW: Re: Removing Chaos (in Prax, was: Blue Toad)

From: Goihl & Fahey <goihlk_at_gTzg-ZSm5vfXrnyHlp-TeijINEmOZVxcwK5eQqMuOhPz3voZdCqgZOuNXpkoZ-Fp5QvnG>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:20:52 +0200

>> This seems to be a well-founded nomad belief, also finding its expression
>> in Waha digging the Good Canal, redirecting the Sounders River (is that a
>> spelling error for Founders' River?) to wash away the squashed remains of
>> Wakboth.
>
>I'm not sure I buy this. I don't recall which source it was in, but my
>memory of the description is that Waha dug the river so that the river
>would "digest" the remains of the Devil. Which implies it's a serpent, not
>a bath.

I think you can see it either way, or both.

>> To the Beast Riders, all sources of water are sacred (note that
>> all the "altars of Prax" are oases).
>
>Does the Stool not count? It has no water.

Malia's Stool is just something Stephen made up to have a place where Malia can be summoned in a game of Nomad Gods. On the Oriflam NG board it has water. I'm looking at it right now, preparatory to sending next move results.

>They certainly tried the latter (fire), presumably with some success,
>though not so much on themselves. It was not complete -- there were still
>chaos armies left after Oakfed at everything.

Oakfed was fed the forests to warm the people, not to destroy chaos.

>> Note that any ritual involving complete submergence is an
>>Underworld/Death experience to Beast Riders.
>
>Why do you say that? I don't see any correlation. The Dedrawaha don't
>have much in the way of water myths.

Depends on who you shower with. We'll experiment more with this at Tentacles. We'll make some new water myths.

Daniel