Re: The cities of Sartar: income, troops.

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_N_bKdBeOL7XhoQX_62Wf8B2eXneaqeFa87umprGzxXy3qeBYLfEAO4K68tQ16eNh-qP>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 19:00:24 -0000

Jeff:
> I would suggest that RQ-2, as a nearly thirty year old book, is
> somewhat out of date in how it models Sartar.

So, where are the up to date descriptions of hopw the Sartar Cities work?

We have descriptions of tribes and clans, but Sartar specifically created the Cities to transcend tribal organisations.

What exactly has changed in the Cities? We had Guilds and Councils. Do they still exist? What, if anything, has replaced them?

Where can we find this information?

I, for one, am getting tired of being told that things are out of date because they are 30 years old and then not being told where to get the newer information.

We had it with King of Sartar where we were told that a lot of it had changed. Were we told how it had changed? No. Just a few very smug statements.

Personally, I've had it with smug statements of the "I know something you don't know" variety which I had hoped to see the last of in the eighties, but, alas, I see that mentality still survives now.

See Ya

Simon