Re: Gloranthan Court

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_yoDaXsawDzaYT1De5VM1zXdHydMNm8ONtNPTpllybRmlhRbIF9_eW800S4TmNwihu0L>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:47:00 +1200

At 03:29 a.m. 29/04/2007, you wrote:
>Hello
>
>i donīt know my sources well enaugh... or i fumbled on my roll of "search
>for fact in gloranthan publications"...
>
>What kind of entities were the members of the Gloranthan Court (old RQ term:
>celestial court)?

It depends which mythology you are examining:

Dara Happan: Harmony, Love, Beauty, Joy, Truth, Growth, Entertainment,

         Athletics, Art and Aether Primolt.

Heortling A: Harana Ilor, Acos, Uleria, Ratslaff, Tylena, Larnste, Kargan Tor,

         Orenoar, Nakala, Zaramaka, Ga, Aether

Heortling B: Deep Wisdom, Night, Earth, Old Fire, Ancient Sea, Maker of

         Rules, Words of Power, Grower of Life and others.

Mostali: Rock, Lead, Brass, Silver, Gold, Tin, Copper, Quicksilver

Pamaltelan: Noruma, Yanmorla, Cronisper, Aleshmara, Balumbasta,

         Nyanka, Jmijie, Faranar, Sikanos, Dama, Tamakderu,
         Kendamalar, Pamalt, Bolongo.

Vithelan: Ooduren, Majahan, Eirdires, Vith, Gebkeran, Laraloori,
         Korudel, Chaquandarath, Genderatha.

[Yuthuppan?]: Entekos, Shargash, Uleria/Mastakos, Lightfore/Kargzant,
         Artia, Lokarnos, Verithurusa/Moon, Falsoretus, Twin Stars?

Undoubtedly you could find commonalities and analogies between the various mythologies but the ones that can be contacted are contactable through the rites of their mythology (thus Heortling gods are contactable through sacrifice while Pamaltelan Gods are contactable through animist rites).

Attempting to find a common core mythology behind the various mythologies is God Learnerism and what led to their demise.

--Peter Metcalfe