Re: Character creation

From: PF Hegoburu - ICCF M&SD <pfhegoburu_at_dBd5r_v4xV2EKwInZbUw4h5-sossgIF2L8H4ZKvnDH5AE453DulZsgdbOupOkM7XK>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 17:10:58 -0300

Thanks Antonio and Simon!

The Spanish version of Trollpak has some tables but only for Troll characters. I think I used these when I created the last two Trolls for my role-playing group.

What I thought I had used was a more comprehensive set of tables, but they were nowhere to be found. I think it would be great if Character Creation were more "tidy". The way we play is "whatever the dice say, that's the character you get", which is the antithesis of AD&D where the player chooses "Elf, Magic-User". Do others in this list play like this or do you choose the character you are going to play?

Anyway, last night I "solved" it with a self-made table. Since we're playing Pavis & Big Rubble, where many races are to be found, my D12 table looked like:

1-6: Human character
7-8: Troll
9-10: Elf

11-12: Mostali

Elf and Mostali were unusable because we have a Troll in our group, so that had to be re-rolled.

Once the character rolled either Human or Troll, I went to the appropriate tables (Trollpak for a Troll Character, and the tables in Rules Book for humans).

We ended up with a Civilised Human Female, using Sorcery. My friend retired her human Babeester Gor priestess.

Oh, and after 12 years of play, my only RQ character finally reached the necessary +10 Magical modifier to become a Sorcery Apprentice! So that was a most happy session!!