Re: Gifting question..

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_PBMhwla_eAgEnDzW1Wh6_NFrYIEQYOyqxWRHdbHlfb2mzSe6aCiuqP81DQxO8yk4N79>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:08:44 -0000

I'd expect this would happen. Another possibility, I expect: If a poor clan pisses off a wealthy clan, the wealthy clan might retaliate by making a generous-but-useless gift to the poor clan (like a sacred relic of great historical significance but little practical use). This could put the poor clan in a bind: Refuse the gift (dangerously insulting to the rich clan), accept the gift and give an inadequate gift in return (humiliating to the poor clan), or jeapordize themselves by scraping and borrowing to give a properly rich gift in return.