Re: Harsaltar the Terrible and the Red Emperor

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_50MfsITty72RIYYU4c6FEMMO6bZ79u2CjQJauvH3bb9CocPO9Na1HQk_pHJt46B98Cg>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 12:25:54 +1200

At 12:01 p.m. 2/05/2007, you wrote:

>1) Does the emperor die? In Glorantha the mortal wound may be healed
>before the emperor is dead, or parhaps he's brought back to life.
>Which emperor reigned at the time, and what was his personality like.

The Emperor is Ignifer and he doesn't die but is killed by Harrek the Berserk a few years latter.

>2) What is meant with the "forcing him to break a geas". It sounds
>fascinating, but I haven't figured out what it could mean. How does
>the emperor force a deciple of Humakt to break a geas? Mental control?
>Also what sort of a geas would this be?

One theory is that the Emperor turned his back on H. just as the latter attacked. This made it a violation of H.'s "never strike by surprise" geas and so Humakt struck him dead.

Another theory is that the Emperor in a last ditch attempt sent a succubus against H. This violated his celibacy geas and so Humakt struck him dead.

--Peter Metcalfe