Re: Harsaltar the Terrible and the Red Emperor

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_b-ccz-M_RtPORcsG7OINho3hxKZ8uZ8BSe3Aqe7zooY99FqCOdY2FY3iyvCFOCbgYjN>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 08:13:58 -0000

Thanks.

> >2) What is meant with the "forcing him to break a geas".
>
> One theory is that the Emperor turned his back on H. just as the
> latter attacked. This made it a violation of H.'s "never strike by
> surprise" geas and so Humakt struck him dead.
>
> Another theory is that the Emperor in a last ditch attempt sent
> a succubus against H. This violated his celibacy geas and so
> Humakt struck him dead.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

Nr. 1 I've heard before. Logical, but not something I see happening. The emperor fighting a child sized avatar of Humakt won't turn his back and be deliberately killed. It sounds strange, and there's a wording like "the dying emperor slipped past his defences and forced him to break a geas...". Interesting, but very strange.

Nr. 2 doesn't work, I think. The household of Death humakti are prepubescent, and I don't think they even can grow up to sexual maturity. Even if they could, Harsaltar is 10 at the time.

  -Adept