Re: Harsaltar the Terrible and the Red Emperor

From: jorganos <joe_at_1MhErmyFwVkJA6aPM8gRA1BVy0nIM6sSsbJKnxcaofAPEbmHMsGXPGM_ALSGCcx0LQa6_UtN>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 11:49:01 -0000

Peter Metcalfe
>> Another theory is that the Emperor in a last ditch attempt sent
>> a succubus against H.  This violated his celibacy geas and so
>> Humakt struck him dead.

Adept:
> Nr. 2 doesn't work, I think. The household of Death humakti are
> prepubescent, and I don't think they even can grow up to sexual
> maturity. Even if they could, Harsaltar is 10 at the time.

Harsaltar (and, as far as I know, both his little sisters) became child prodigies, similar to the early Illaro dynasty rulers. Rather than being a sacrificial king giving fertility, Harsaltar and his siblings renounced all fertility for superheroic powers of death. While usually allowing Humakti a regular sex life and even offspring, in this extreme case I'm dubious if even a tilnta could have produced offspring from mating with Harsaltar.

Going through the motions of sex (with a succubus) is something else, but I doubt that a celibacy geas would have been relevant. And unlikely in any state of combat trance/berserkgang anyway. (If it had been Argenteus instead of Ignifer, I would have doubted the need for a succubus, too...)

BTW, there is no _official_ source for Harrek being the killer of Ignifer, as I found out doing research for Greg a couple of months ago.