Re: Harsaltar the Terrible and the Red Emperor

From: jorganos <joe_at_yNnlvnwnu_s4bSVoy0GezfG0Ey6yuFtAfb6RBTuETpGaJiHxmHt5vuChqurSICqcIPv7ZFA.>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 09:00:21 -0000

Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> wrote:

> Joerg:

>>That article is explicit, unlike the passage in Fortunate succession
>>(both agree on Doblian Sultanate being where Ignifer died). It has
>>several other details wrong, like troops for the Battle of Castle Blue
>>mustering from Glamour (founded in the First Wane, on the side of the
>>Crater which did not exist yet),

> Considering that the Crater is nowhere mentioned in the text, I
> don't see a mention of Glamour as being wrong or impossible.

The text makes it sound like the city was used as a mustering ground. Now if there was a place called Glamour before Takenegi founded it in 1/3, the raising of the Crater in response to the moonrise surely would have razed any building nearby.

> After all the Goddess had some reason for making the Crater
> where she did, which makes a settlement there before its
> official establishment there likely.

If there was a settlement she valued, surely she would have placed it on the surface of the moon?

> Another source which may have escaped your attention
> - the essay on Lunar Dart competitions in the Rough
> Guide to Glamour.

Thanks, duly noted in my "to do" list. That's the downside for taking the systematic approach to collecting information from all publications - there is a huge queue which keeps filling faster than a single person can manage to keep up with.