Re: the Lemure

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_Xp7lRZB6z_0rSrfkj1grtb9aMuC1GlDQ7w9QOTZtL_A-X2s6MliQcRCU4qZI6aMxbLE>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 23:30:34 +1200

Gianni

>Lords of Terror briefly mentions a chaotic spirit/deity called 'the Lemure'.

         In my dreams, I sometimes see things which I cannot interpret,
         I long for those nights, for my dreams at other times are haunted
         by things better unknown.  Visions of a dark future invade me on
         those nights, horrible memories of a time still aeons in the future,
         when the hidden dwellers have again returned the world to chaos.

         And these are not the worse, for glimpses of the present sometimes
         intrude, leaving me helpless in my fear.  I see the eyes without a
         face which peer at me from beyond the edge of the world.  I hear the
         laughter of a gibbering thing which brings my nightmares.  I sense the
         colors beyond the spectrum which bleed into my spirit, bearing the
         corruption of things unknowable.  I feel these and other signs of the
         twisted worm of chaos, the lemure, which gnaws its way into my
         heart.

         Drastic: Chaos p21

--Peter Metcalfe