Palmaltela, grass, bad days & list question

From: CJ <cj_at_wGVnpUtF3CUYWK0VaSQ075_RP-8w-lrUpC2VkLwSCXT2ibHvGjxJZbO7Unudlr9hx0oGNfPqk>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 13:55:43 +0100

 Was just reading Glorantha Second Age, and noted two references to there being no grass in Pamaltela. That surprised me - I had visions of waist deep savannahs of waving grasses. Are there tropical parts of our world without grass? I was reall astonished, and it has sparked my imagination!

May as well tell you all about my bad day yesterday -- Got up with ear ache, went out with headache, missed bus, caught later than usual bus, screaming babies mad headache worse (I muttered comments about the vale of Hinnom and fiery sacrifices, but not at the little beasts - luckily i don't think most people got the reference). Anyway get to where i'm going, and my well thumbed copy of the old Hero Wars book, Glorantha, is missing. I spend an hour meeting buses, asking if i could look, but someone had picked it up, and one driver seemed deeply suspicious i wanted to do something to the bus, as I did not want to travel (I had a legit ticket.) His English was atrocious, so I tried to be nice, and he wasn't actually doing anything - just sitting b the empty bus, but he seemed to think I was up to no good. I finally relaised how alarmed he was when he decided to call the police - he just did not understand, and my apologies and explanations made no sense to him. Luckily the bus station manger, a sympathetic woman, came to my rescue.

Anyway felt lousy, finally got home, no book handed in, so decided to buy another copy. Ebay none, Amazon they start at £32! OK, I'll buy it on pdf I think - so I go back to RPG Now. It's a good price, but then a thought - why not treat myself to Glorantha Second Age and it! Oh, my card is declined. Ok try again, just buy Glorantha Second Age - quite pricey I note as a percentage of the print version, about 2/3 price, but hey, I'll get it now! Of course my printer died, but never mind I can read it off screen

So I get the email, and much cheered try to download it, and try, and try and ... two and a half hours later suceed!

Oh well! Enjoying GSA so far: any Mongoose players on this list? Oh and what is list policy on thinsg like say my trying to create Jrusteli keywords for HQ, so as to be able to use the HQ system with the Mongoose materials? Can we discuss what such keywords would like here? cj x