Re: Palmaltela, grass, bad days & list question

From: David Dunham <david_at_O3zsZ_0i-av6bU4-vlKJPJYpFZkCG7gbLEN59WfkJNCGBHudb4XvaKsi-Ug-Z1avHYeDw3>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 19:51:44 -0700

CJ

> Was just reading Glorantha Second Age, and noted two references to there
>being no grass in Pamaltela. That surprised me - I had visions of waist
>deep savannahs of waving grasses. Are there tropical parts of our world
>without grass? I was reall astonished, and it has sparked my imagination!

Yup, it's clover-like stuff.

I believe the Six-Legged Empire tried to plant grass, probably with some success for a while: Sandy Petersen once posted something about Doraddi pulling up any clump of grass they see.

>Oh well! Enjoying GSA so far: any Mongoose players on this list? Oh and
>what is list policy on thinsg like say my trying to create Jrusteli keywords
>for HQ, so as to be able to use the HQ system with the Mongoose materials?

I've got some Jrusteli keywords, but they're actually for a playtest edition of Hero Wars...

>Still, so far I have Glorantha Second Age and the pdf on Ralios. How useful
>are the Cult books likely to be to me?

If you have the HeroQuest equivalents, not greatly.

>What about Magic of Glorantha?

This one has some info on draconic mysticism which could be useful (but also see Greg Stafford and Jeff Richard replies to my questions about this).

I'm setting up Anadikki (hence the maps just posted to the www.glorantha.com site). I'm probably going to have to do Second Age Carmania, and probably Talastar and Dragon Pass.

--

David Dunham