Lunar use of Chaos

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_YaDSeQuHuUhHnLbNKOn8omCYw8zhg6PJqfz9n3O8ZBpx4IF2RrkQb6qtkRVB-Zqhyyp>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 12:38:06 -0000

I've been wondering about the Empire and chaos. Sedenya herself dallies with chaos, and the crimson bat is the ultimate symbol of Lunar military might (parhaps like a aircraft carrier battlegroup is the symbol of US military might these days).

What does this mean to lunar citizens, and what does it mean for their magicians and the military. In the Battle of Iceland scenario lunar magicians summon up a chaos monster(s). This may be because the moon is at it's darkest phase, and their other magic is weak. (I also suspect that the darkest phase of the moon is when such things are usually done anyway.) In the old RQ days there was a lot of speculation of lunar's making use of broo, ogres and vampires as needed as well, but I guess this was an exaggeration.

The inclusive nature of the lunar religion(s) would seem to say that at least in theory a broo or a scorpionman could become a citizen, with all the right therein.

So...

How much does the lunar military make use of chaos? Are the lunar cultists tainted by chaos, because of the taint in Sedenya herself?

  -Adept