Re: Lunar use of Chaos

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_ojbYu-oaaVTzOZwmVRI6imNTtt7w1dwe-k81KNlSUYstphKWzwatcrLfHe-_a>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 13:33:26 -0000

Adept:
> How much does the lunar military make use of chaos?

"Whatever sall a Broo do?
Become a famous general in the Ordernviru? Oh how his pride will warp,
When he commands a regiment of Gorp,
For that is all the action he shall view."

I'm sure the gorp always get roped into latrine duty.

In Rory's Engiziland game, we have a Rufelzagraph, which is kind of like a chaotic lunar heliograph with attitude. That harnesses entropic forces to better focus and redirect Rufelza's radiance to various ends. Usually communication. When... I mean if... it malfunctions, *bad* things happen. (Hopefully it'll be in print soon.)

The expedition leader (a follower of YT) approaches the artifact with often contemptuous distaste; the Rufelzagraph commander (a follower of YT), thinks it (almost) the most natural thing in the world*. I'd hazard these differences in opinion are quite common.

Stu.