Re: Lunar use of Chaos

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_22pDNlC4I9lFZh2WYSs4YEdLgyXiPklmCNzL3Ty76WEtmErkwCviWlhkiZQzxlUzg-4>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 09:26:34 -0000

> AIUI there are very few female broo, mythically because Thed is
> jealous and practically because they aren't needed for reproduction.
> In any case given that the host mother usually dies from the birth
> the few female broo there are either hide away from the males or
> die very young.

I never liked this bit in the RQ-3 cults of terror. I'm pretty sure a  female broo will produce offspring with almost anything, but there's no reason why their pregnancy wouldn't go the usual way.

Not in my Glorantha anyway.

> I don't think broo lose the urge to copulate just because they
> are castrated. While this may well be the case for humans in
> Glorantha, broo are driven by chaotic magic not hormones.
>
> In any case why should the Lunar authorities bother? If you're
> going to use broo you just keep them away from anyone you value.
> Just as you keep the trolls away from anything edible.

I was thinking of the "We Are All Us", and a missionary helping a broo to become fit for polite society. :)

  -Adept