Re: Lunar use of Chaos

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_vbfDSYtMn57f-v4wKpJQHxG8H_jhDgsgm3W93dp5KAYt8U0RuLUuLDiT7aawgMa5u6T>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 09:37:23 -0000

> --- In WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com, donald@ wrote:
>

>> AIUI there are very few female broo, mythically because Thed is
>> jealous and practically because they aren't needed for
>> reproduction. In any case given that the host mother usually dies
>> from the birth
>> the few female broo there are either hide away from the males or
>> die very young.

[Adept, a moment ago]
> I never liked this bit in the RQ-3 cults of terror. I'm pretty sure
> a female broo will produce offspring with almost anything, but
> there's no reason why their pregnancy wouldn't go the usual way.
>
> Not in my Glorantha anyway.

[Replying to my own post, how sane]

And now I remember why! If the broos impregnate even other broos every time, it takes away the most obvious ansver to how they establish and maintain their social order. Not so much a pecking order as a ****ing order.

I'm sure a broo can have his way with another broo, and the target won't suffer Alien-style broobirth. A male broo will just know his place, and a female broo will become pregnant, though parhaps not with  a 100% hit-rate.

The male broo - female broo births are what I would assume maintains the "classic broo" goatkin appearance. That's how they used to look before the coming of chaos.

  -Adept