Re: Lunar use of Chaos

From: donald_at_M9Lg9R6VeSKofZRq3FYSkMKKDAmYbgzNgnKtpLsnxKxiBzsZT9iy9_BACa2hoM2pJTXBT
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 13:48:57 GMT

In message <f1s44a+9148_at_eGroups.com> "valkoharja" writes:

>> In any case why should the Lunar authorities bother? If you're
>> going to use broo you just keep them away from anyone you value.
>> Just as you keep the trolls away from anything edible.
>
>I was thinking of the "We Are All Us", and a missionary helping a
>broo to become fit for polite society. :)

I'm sure there are some Lunars who interpret "We Are All Us" in this way and come horribly unstuck trying to make it happen. The more usual interpretation is acceptance of all cultural behaviour patterns as part of the Lunar Way. Chaos really stretches that because it is fundamentally opposed to any social structure.

So I don't think there's anything like "polite Lunar society". There's polite Dara Happen society, polite Darjiini society, etc. The nearest the Lunars have is "fashionable Lunar society" which originates from the Emperor. If that involves having broo to your dinner party there will be some who do just that. Presumably with some strong magic to abort the consequences.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/