Re: Barntar: Son of Orlanth?

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_cGyzh7pvYGJRpo01H4dUnU9l7XgBgHQWyCvEa3HdRZ6G1mzEFxeJQkDo8fnKGjtp>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 10:06:09 +0100

On 9 May 2007, at 23:26, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> A problem with the Orlanth Barntar is that during the Occupation,
> the Sartarites were said to hide their loyalties under the cult of
> Barntar. Which would mean that the Lunars would have to be
> exceptionally stupid if they failed to notice that the Barntar cult
> was still Orlanth.

In ILH1 Sylilan farmers follow Barntar. They obviously know he's the son of Orlanth. So Barntar exists within the Lunar structure. Lunar invaders may just take the attitude that if it looks like Barntar, it is Barntar.

This was such a good find for me as it let me have a Lunar noble who was sympathetic to orlanthi ideals. When the players had to visit his villa, they were surprised to find that he understood them. Although he obviously had a Lunar side to him, he was very clearly a simple Barntar farmer.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433