Re: Barntar: Son of Orlanth?

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_wyma1ffCB4DjU2fE946ZKKwq4ee5bbxOMho_PirwkyCQjewvQfyDeb6LNDplkIZk>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 14:10:02 +0100

On 10 May 2007, at 13:46, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> The farmer knows that Barntar is Orlanth's son. Any collateral
> worship that strengthens another god will be magically detectable.
> And the Red Goddess is always there, willing to dole out delphic
> hints on how weaken Orlanth.

So how does this work in Sylila? Do the farmers get a visit from the lunar priests and say "sorry guys, stop that, you're strengthening Orlanth". A Sylilan farmer can also be a lunar initiate, this would surely complicate things. I feel that bartar in Sylila is separate from Orlanth, renounced. Just because your father (orlanth) was bad you (barntar) are. The lunars are more enlightened than that. I don't see how there could be collateral worship.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433