What magic does the Red Emperor use?

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_HjKHV73tTeuG8YCkzoEhLzN5dRMWI8Wp0HaMA5AzF6hHpPaEjy8phnW9vzxdQKg-HSU>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 21:11:15 -0000

I'be been looking at ILH-1 and -2 and wondering what sort of magic the Emperor is personally capable of using.

Theistic magic means you identify with- and emulate divine entities, and learn to replicate their feats of power. As a son of Sedenya, a demigod, I wonder how this works for Takenegi. I bet he has great personal power (Greg helped me set the bar at 10w4 earlier), but I'm still rather in the dark at what shape and form it takes.

Are the powers of the various lunar deities at his beck and call? He is the emperor of Dara Happa, and various other magical heads of state as well. This gives him great rulership magic on his subjects, I guess the most important aspect of all, but what else does he have?

Can he use the feats of Yanafal Tarnils and summon the spirits of Jakaleel? Is he a wizard or a sorcerer, and a shaman as well?

I'd like to know if there are some aspects of magic he is particularily good at, and some that he is bad at. I assume he doesn't go into war as magical artillery, but leaves that job to the field colleges. If needed, he can propably lead a field college at some spectacular magic though.

  -Adept