Re: carls

From: David Dunham <david_at_55zfSuybI2axcHMXaKrKVkSvFMXL54P5U5NLJOIhPGDgqn5owKiqJkTID7GyC3p7ZvQmLe>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 22:19:03 -0700

Donald

>An Orlanthi all Heortlings are farmers. Only a minority of
>farmers are carls.

IMG Orlanthi All farmers are carls. I admit the last time I seriously worried about this was when we created King of Dragon Pass (which if I recall made this assumption), but a quick glance at Thunder Rebels doesn't find anything to contradict it.

>the only way to justify such an investment is for it to be far more
>productive than alternative methods of cultivation

I'd imagine the higher status of being a carl would be a pretty good incentive to practice carl-style agriculture. In fact, this is probably one of the reasons there are cattle loans.

--

David Dunham