Re: What magic does the Red Emperor use?

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_52Z2dV2JBoMFF3WYfzjYC53iBGs5CAxJrqWzl5ZJebn1ZeMgHrMJJJHbjvWP2z1dNzN>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 19:21:02 -0000

> The Emperor has three sources of magic.
<snip>

> C magics are those which stem from his Great Self. Since this
> Great Self is the continuing collective creation of the Egi, he has
> the total powers of the Egi. Unfortunately we don't know the names
> and abilities of most of the Egi. One we do know for certain is
> Erana Halfmoon, one of the New Egi and another is probably
> Aronius Jaranthir. The Red Emperor will also have the powers
> of the Rufus scripts and can probably create charms at will.
>
> Lastly Tales #8 mentions that his chaos touch is summoning
> Demons of the Four-horned family and dismiss them at will.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

Fascinating stuff! Too bad there isn't enough material out about the egi or the masks (not to my knowledge anyway) for me to model the emperor for my game through that route. I'll have to go with broad abilities and general power levels.

One thing I've been thinking about is his skill with the elements. He's obviously most powerful with the lunar element, but what about the rest? As the emperor he should have serious solar power, and no doubt command over the young elements.

The most obvious blind spot would propably be storm. Old sources talk about lunar inability to work on the element of air, I seem to recall.

  -Adept