Re: Fear of Dragons in the Imperial Age

From: Greg <Greg_at_Xd0PlFWXkf3tPVX5s7Ot-nCwguMgWKdzX7ZoDbeVccM1lzSIOO6D8d59BPeJ6Bs4UovUW2I>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 20:54:43 -0800

YGWV David Dunham wrote:
> In the HeroQuest rulebook, most cultures have Fear Dragons. I've
> always figured this is in large part due to the Dragonkill -- dragons
> are fearsome in their own right, but so are lots of other creatures.

Yes, that was my reason for putting it in there.

> But what about in the Second Age? It seems unlikely that the core of
> the EWF would have this trait. And it would be much harder for the
> Hunting & Waltzing missionaries to have spread the draconic religion
> if everyone had it.

I don't think that 2nd Age EWF have it at all.

> My assumption in my Imperial Age game is that this is not a cultural ability

Other beings may have an innate fear of dragons. They are inherently WAY frightening. Of course, since YGWV, I've learned that many 3rd age Heortlings didn't have it either...

--
Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.