Re: Lunar use of Chaos

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_3TSOkp2nE7KxC7bV-AU3z_FWw-ZXDWe767Z_HaR2cR0BLjC0RiCmVrxT65WpXp3z>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 09:30:28 -0000

> What does this mean to lunar citizens, and what does it mean for their
> magicians and the military.

For citizens, it means that their goddess is a goddess of the entire cosmos, not just a petty god of one culture such as Orlanth or even Yelm. She comprehends, and can find a place (in some cases far, far away) for all things. The barbarians must fight chaos at their doorstep, but some of the most enlightened Lunars really understand chaos and so are better equipped to protect us from it.

> ....In the old RQ days there was a lot of
> speculation of lunar's making use of broo, ogres and vampires as
> needed as well, but I guess this was an exaggeration.

This is true, but remember the old RQ supplements were almost invariably written with the Lunars as the bad guys, so of course you get a very one-sided presentation of the situation.

> The inclusive nature of the lunar religion(s) would seem to say that
> at least in theory a broo or a scorpionman could become a citizen,
> with all the right therein.

Only if they are capable of also meeting all the requirements for citizenship and fulfilling all the obligations as well which is highly unlikely. I can imagine there being a few 'model citizen' Broo and Scorpion Men paraded by the authorities to prove how chaos can be healed by the goddess, but such creatures will be very carefully monitored and protected.

> How much does the lunar military make use of chaos? Are the lunar
> cultists tainted by chaos, because of the taint in Sedenya herself?

Using the term taint implies that you've already made up your mind.

Simon Hibbs