Re: pigs

From: Greg <Greg_at_HIGipWExM3LXy0ODO5kLzlQnhRZzSTu0oGWylJScVosQLxEe7z_hnq0hsoAGOdlp6cbZYvJ>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 18:09:45 -0800

YGWV
>> Your mention of dung set me to thinking about the low profile of pigs

> amongst the Orlanthi as currently documented (I'm sure I wasn't the
> only one ;-) ).

As mentioned by others, pigs are an integral and important part of Ernaldan mythology.

They are an important part of the Heortling diet, which relies upon a variety of foodstuffs in case one part of the diet fails that year. Pigs provide, I believe, the most calories per weight of any meat animal.

Whereas swineherds and pig stys are known, the usual manner for raising pigs is to turn them out into the wastelands (i.e.- the non farmed lands) in the spring and then bring them back in in the autumn for he slaughter. Thus they not only provide a significant amount of calories, but require almost no care during most of the year.

--
Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.