Re:Temples of the Reaching Storm.

From: David Weihe <blerg2_at_PIGxLwRg3Y1THSA8ffOfxEYN9v0HKWDwnnu4yaq2ODadHd-ws8Sbao5Urrr8W24WUw75A>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 07:39:58 -0700 (PDT)

> This was brought up briefly in the Lunars and Chaos thread. In King
> of Sartar, Argrath raises temples to the Reaching Storm, whatever the
> heck that is. I know that it is opposed to Yana Aranis's temple to
> the Reaching Moon, but is there any other detail what these temples
> are, or what they do?

Mainly, they seem to be coopting YA to defend against Pent nomads, just as the earlier Reaching Moon system did, originally.

> My first thought is that they restore the power of Orlanth and
Ernalda
> to their followers in that geographic region - something necessary
> after their death at the hands of Sedenya.

Except that the Reaching Storm temples aren't started until after the return of Sheng Seleris (and the death and eating of the Lunar Emperor, if it really happened then, as opposed to the first time that Sheng conquered the Lunars) weakened the Lunars. Also the Reaching Storm temples seem to extend into Lodrilly lands.

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles. Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center. http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/