Re: Pedantic ragging on "Celtic"

From: Greg <Greg_at_tzdj0v1U8R1t2DLeHXDvske1YwyU13AVEnuweWBC7UXbk2D1JjhFxAv-88XSRnb92wEgAf_>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 10:28:50 -0800

HI

Rob wrote:

> I hear what you are saying re the word celts.
>
> What would you say that the *nearest* terrestial analogue to YOUR
> Glorantha is Iron Age Britain (pre roman), Iron Picts (scots), Iron
> Age Irish, Vikings, Angles - considering that none of them probably
> hit the nail on the head.

All of the above, in parts.
I find it dangerous to make a single culture THE analogue because some people then take that example as canon and wage relentless arguments based on that assumption.
Also, when I first started forming these cultures I had the education of a self-taught 18 year old, which means, incomplete and full of erroneous   assumptions. A lot of those assumptions are, nonetheless now built in. So I would be an idiot to claim it was anything of those!

--
Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.