Re: Temples of the Reaching Storm.

From: donald_at_LaTluJ0n9OvbVRFhol6lS7zsgJStOthanwJmJKDG_Mmd8GrpneLqoiH563iMNqNg3-IHF
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 15:01:54 GMT

In message <35eaf6120705171644s16e6d3c0h50aec9b0091c7cfd_at_ws2ODUGRHPx_--nIGdf5dsQ5E9vgnI97Pqfi5HLNsKfnvrx8DD5KebO9Gcwf3MGpBkLepjlvSrmrJ2_k6GMbvkK_6UwiFNDK77DlgS5RIIJzyuFZ7dGMTrl9CneVuUXEINw.yahoo.invalid> "Santo Sengupta" writes:
>Namaste all:
>This was brought up briefly in the Lunars and Chaos thread. In King
>of Sartar, Argrath raises temples to the Reaching Storm, whatever the
>heck that is. I know that it is opposed to Yana Aranis's temple to
>the Reaching Moon, but is there any other detail what these temples
>are, or what they do?

According to KoS it is to protect Saird from nomads. I'm not sure it gets completed as Argrath starts it in 1634 and the Lunars defeat him in 1635. I'd suggest it is simply a temple to Orlanth given an impressive name for propaganda reasons.

>My first thought is that they restore the power of Orlanth and
>Ernalda to their followers in that geographic region - something
>necessary after their death at the hands of Sedenya. However, I
>doubt either Great Deity will stay dead for long, considering
>Orlanth is a Lightbringer, and Ernalda doesn't really die, just
>sleep.

I don't think this is likely. The one Temple of the Reaching Storm we know about isn't started until 1634 by someone who isn't a significant character in 1622 when the Fimblewinter is broken. Since Sartar is occupied at this time I can't see much opportunity to build a temple.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/