RE: Re: Broo language?

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_-oLQRaPg38i-aOtwJrwgVdyddm-izvFm8I5hhoeViSH5crITep_NUngt-_8awAZ9MPry>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 12:21:58 -0300

> [mailto:WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of valkoharja
> Cool! So the broo have a kind of "trade tongue" of their own, and one
> that is built in. A broo from the Snakepipe Hollow propably speaks a
> horrible mixture of local sartarite and primal broo, while one from
> the chaos swamp near Sog City would speak a pidgin of the local
> language and primal broo.
>
> The more organized broo propably need a proper language, so I'd expect
> they pick up some features of the local human one.

Shirley it is better to interpret this as general communication of the sort of which dogs, goats and so on are capable.

You know if you are being told to shut up because you've just had your ear whacked. You know the big white broo is boss because he's been peeing all over the place and you can smell him. You know there's about to be a hunt because everyone is getting a bit excited and drooling. You know the other gang isn't happy to see you beause they are hooting and rushing at you like chimps.

IMO some base "language" for broo beyond normal non-language communication seems like a daft idea, rather like speaking Neutral Evil or whatever in the good old DnD days.

OTOH, some primal darktongue, frex, could make sense for magical reasons.

Just my opinions.

Sam.