RE: Re: Broo language?

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_3LUbgLwdTseElYT2JQ4n9t-pSBVCXfSFY4X9Gnquh0UZG0Pu3_RNH92ZQ-_8FaR5Ujem>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 20:35:28 -0300

Adept:
> What else can they have? It's the language they hear spoken. No doubt
> a broo spends a lot of time hiding/spying on and stalking members of
> the local culture. The alternative pretty much is having a language of
> their own, and I'm not sure there's enough cultural continuity among them.

It seems that your a priori assumption is that they must have a language and it has to come from somewhere? The "alternative" is having no language. Is there a problem with that? There may indeed have been something in some earlier tome, but...

Picking up language from the 'prey' - well of course there is that, but...

...well is that really going to help a foetid goat-alike who is quite obviously out to get his end away? I mean, who's going to spend time with him to check his p's and q's?

> One group that interacts with the broo are ogres, and they will speak
> the local dialect. Chaos cultists in general is another one, again
> speaking Sartarite in Sartar.

But this is like that DnD Neutral Evil language thing again...dontchathink?

Sam.