Re: Broo language?

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at__asCflm6B4Yfc4PzFjjkJGJ7CG9bEIXuvN8eNfDYVuw-i3ukcMqEa88HP8NQIwXdceb>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 10:03:42 -0000

Look at what Greg said a few posts ago

:I am in favor of Sam's interpretation here.
:Although there certainly would be actual languages where broos have
:intelligence and organization.    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:
:--Greg

I'm trying to figure out what those actual languages would be and where they would come from. The alternative seems to be that the broos would retain some sort of language of their own, which doesn't seem likely, or that the more organized ones would learn or be tought some language that exists in the area.

As for the game aspect I think it will be less cheesy if the "civilized" broos speak a broken version of the local language, instead of having a strange chaotic language of their own. Wouldn't that be _more_ D&D?

  -Adept