Re: Broo language?

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_EzXSPXtyKXpebIRznpfb_QmXNPg4JubnET5gwl8YD9jxV4PrQv_6E6i9iMtXIRA7Vkf>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 17:33:17 -0000

> Actually, in the main RQ rules, their weapons are "Fire hardened
> spear" and "Club". "Their usual armor is cuirboilli" which seems a
> bit high-class to me - I'd say that it's "really thick uncured
> leather that is effectively cuirboilli" (RQ2, 76).

I've been thinking about buff-coats. Cuirboulle is propably indeed too high-tech (even if it's really easy to make), but take the hide of the biggest animal you can bring down (a moose propably), cure it with urine and brains (seriously) and you have excellent armour material.

> So the material side of their culture is crap - scrounged weapons
> and armor, rather than broo-made (except for the most basic weapons
> - sticks (I'd even throw in stones as weapons for them).

No broo smiths then, as a rule. This is glorantha though, so an enterprising broo may gain the knowledge and skill of smithcraft by a heroquest challenge.

> As someone noted, magic isn't necessarily an indication of material
> culture. Heck, Harp[ies have magic, too, and basically *no* material
> culture.

Ok. How much magic then? Are there broo heroes and broo heroquesters? Are the chaos cults like thanatar and krarst all populated by human cultists and ogres, or do broo have such aspirations?

  -Adept