Return of Ezkankekko, the Only Old One

From: Dan Guillou <dguillou_at_98WcVXl3VGHfnMn7fquJ2cLjVbBeHaFuvhncupb3405VKiwoYDonnf9GTgyZdf8iKiA>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 12:06:53 +0200

Hey everyone,
I could use some help here.

My uz character has become part of a project to bring back the Only Old One. Now that the lunars have fubared the Pharao, that shouldn't be as difficult, right?

Now, my theory is that the proper way to achieve this is to recreate the HQ where Argan Argar wooes the Earth goddess (that's Zugorteg?) and they have a baby.

So how much is known about that story? How much is lost? What are good sources?

A funny thing that's happened: My character has recently found himself on practice quests. I wasn't planned... It just kinda happened. This puts him in the exciting (and possibly suicidal) position of exploratory practice questing. So appearently, the first step in this recreated HQ is to go to a place that is sacred to Zugorteg and prove that you are a friend and protector, as opposed to a monster that eats babies. (In Ubaks case that was the Paps, for totally different reason, and he got a couple of geases, being kind to snakes and whatnot.) Second stage is that the Earth Goddess tells you that some of her children faraway  are starving and frightened and beset by some kind of darkness monster, and asks you to help out, and you go and fix. (Again, in my particular case there was a big cave troll that had marshalled a horde of trollkin who went on unusually frequent and well-organized raids.)

So what is gonna happen next? This is what I'm guessing... Earth grannies ask for another favor? (Read somewhere about eight lovely deeds, so you might make that into a couple of favors.) Making peace with elves, dwarves, orlanthi and dragonewts? Big hrm.. could you do orlanthi, praxians and pavisites instead? Actually, as part of the infamous Sven-gang, my character is already pretty much into cooperating with weird non-uz against a big nasty enemy.
Then, when you start a shrine (or shop or house or something) together with the earth ladies, a big nasty furious fire-earth-demon-thingy is gonna turn up and spoil the party, which fugues into a HQ that is well-known to Argan worshippers: the one where you get Supress Aether. (You wait until it has exhausted itself against other foes or used up its volcano powers or whatever, jump it from behind, wrestle it down with much tricksiness, take its spear, and bind it in chains of darkness, is that about right?)
Then you force it to construct something beautiful and lovely, to impress Zugorteg, then you release it (because Argan can act nice, even against nasty burning-demon-thingies) and then she gives birth to our favorite guy.

How much of that sounds about right?

Other questions...
What exactly did the Pharao do to OOO. Did Argan fight Lodril, or Caladril, or something else? Now that the GLers have changed Caladril around, what is going to turn up instead? Can my character take a break for research, or will the practice questing thingy keep attracting situations that resonate with the real HQ?

Say that ubak completes this practice run, gets the support of a bunch of Argan trolls in Pavis, as well as getting the local Earth temple to participate (ho ho ho... but I guess they might like to get the Argan-husband-protector subcult?) And does the whole thing again, but for real, on the Hero Plane. What will he get?

A functioning OOO shrine? Temple? Volcanic eruption? A miraculous birth? Something else?
How many shrines like this would it take, across central Genertela, to get the real living god Ezkankekko back into the world? Or wouldn't that work?

I'd appreciate any info or thoughts,
Dan Guillou