Re: True Mostali, Mistress Troll and Dragonewt noble mastery levels

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_kM44-ULbGg6XxR1fCWAhOYNX5dhC6KKZHYBt7ncO0ebj45zo-s-m6jVEa28mpazb>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 12:43:24 -0400

Hey

On May 22, 2007 11:05 am, valkoharja wrote:
> I would assume that these lords and ladies of the elder races (what is
> the elven equivalent, an elder parhaps?) are roughly on the same tier
> of power.

I'd go with that assumption as well.

> But what tier is that? My guess would be that these creatures would be
> either demigod level, or just below. I'd wager 10w2 as the benchmark,
> but I'd love to hear what Greg and the other authors figure it should be.

I'd go higher. I'd think they were demi-god/super hero range. Your JarEels and Harreks or so. So 10w4 (maybe slightly below)

> I've also been wondering what the elven equivalent would be? Are there
> demigod elves? Are the powerful beings of elven forests old elves that
> have turned into trees, trees that have awakened or parhaps centuries
> old dryads.

I seem to think they would be trees. Ancient elves that no longer move but are highly active magically. That would be my first guess. It does seem that the Elves don't have a "previous version" like the Uz and Mostali, though. Perhaps the fact there was once an "Elder Forest" is where we find those Elves? The Elder Forest had great trees, some of which might still survive?

> I'd also imagine that while the benchmark for these Elder Lords and
> Ladies is fairly clear, there are great differences between them. All
> the ancient mostali can fight*, but they are godlike in their actual
> profession, and only average heroplane fighters when fighting in the
> godswar. A mistress troll on the other hand is propably about as
> skilled in fighting as she is with magic.

I would think a mistress race troll is pretty nasty in both. I would think an Elder Tree doesn't fight as such, but is scary in magic and the ability to command/connect to the entire surrounding forest is tremendously scary.

LC