Re: Return of Ezkankekko, the Only Old One

From: Dan Guillou <dguillou_at_ipxu4yWYAvhSD3NyqIOjDhjI9-fM2jL4YTh3ycQqhpR1cYSBpipaOH5qeGCwfIxrwWD>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 8:02:06 +0200

Hey, lots of nice response. :-)
Closer look at a few things.

Zugorteg
I used this term in the belief that it was the uz word for the earth mother. Wrong? I talked it over with my GM, and we guessed that, being uz, these different entities -Esrola, Ernalda, whatsername under the nice hills in the Paps- all look the same. For uz, the nice earth that is the source of all the good food is a single recognizable and beloved (although generally not worshipped) entity, probably related to Asrelia (who is in the uz pantheon... btw, what do we call her? Oh, wait, was that Zugorteg?) and all the different names for supposedly different earths is a lot of hooman hairsplitting folishness.

Pulling out the iron nail
Oh, that one. Er. Yes. That is what the brothers around the Shadow Plateau are working on. So if that is the proper way to go about it, I'm sure the OOO is getting off the hook any day now. And if you've just managed to get adopted by one of the Argan clans in old Pavis, there isn't really anything much for you to do, is there? Still, bringin back OOO was the project that a couple of very senior trolls thought was the way to go, and this topic is the result.

Eight lovely deeds.
Building the Obsidian Palace must have been one of them, surely. So they don't all happen before the big fight. Hey, rescuing Her children from being horribly roasted on a big spit (spear of lava, volcanic eruption, people running around screaming, houses falling down, earth cracking, all the fun you get with a visit from Lodril) is problably a very lovely deed. I suspect that eventually letting the nasty Male-Domination-Fire-within-Earth-demon go, was another. I know that OOO led the different cultures (orlanthi, elf, dwarf, dragonewt, gold- -dancers) in the fight against chaos. Unity Battle and so on. But I think I maybe saw something about Argan ending fights and ruling the locals before that, in the lesser darkness... Or was that just a feeling I got? Bottom line: this part of the HQ might be very variable, as it is up to the Earth what favors She is gonna ask for each time around. I'm hoping that they will be things that Argan is good at: walking and talking, coping with Komol, being dark.

Esrolian HQ version.
"When Esrola seduced Argan and made him into a husband-protector to [make peace/get a nice house/quell a volcanic eruption/learn to darkwalk]"

/Dan Guillou