Re: True Mostali, Mistress Troll and Dragonewt noble mastery levels

From: donald_at_V_keexWPmg2qAj1mAIYJcqgithlYSNuxi9hThh2RaxhfCI2XLCrChzMiby5a-nToV1T2j
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 13:43:18 GMT

In message <f33q7e+3vo6_at_eGroups.com> "Tim Ellis" writes:

>This can map pretty well onto an escalating Mastery chart
>1) - Scout - No materies ("Best skill" Benchmark ~17)
>2) - Warrior - One Mastery ("Best skill" Benchmark ~10W1)
>3) - Priest - Two Masteries ("Best skill" Benchmark ~10W2)
>4) - Noble - Three Masteries ("Best skill" Benchmark ~10W3)
>5) - Inhuman King - Four Masteries ("Best skill" Benchmark ~10W4)

Except the Inhuman King should be on a level with Argrath (~10W3), not Harrek. Which makes approximatly:

Noble 18W2
Priest 5W2
Warrior 13W
Scout 20

>> Of these the fourth stage would be the one that is an analogue to
>> true Mostali and Mistress trolls, I think. There are several, but
>> not many.
>
>That sounds a reasonable assumption.
>
>Of course, with all these "primal leader" types they are unlikely to
>be encountered on their own, so rather like your Red Emperor
>question, what may be more relevant is not "What is the normal skill
>level of an average True Mostali/Uzuz/Noble 'newt", but "What is the
>typical skill such a being will typically be able to apply once
>their community support and augmentation from their retainers has
>been factored in"
>
>Another way of answering the question might be to compare them to
>other personalities and see where they fit on the continuum. I think
>it is fair to say none of them are equivalent to Harrek, so if he is
>represented by 10W4 we can discard that.

Yes, the only people equalling Harrek at 10W4 are Jar-Eel and Androgeus. From the Dragon Pass board game we have Argrath, the Red Emperor, Gunda, Beat Pot, the Inhuman King, Craigspider, Delecti, Sir Ethilrist, Ironhoof, Jaldon, the Dwarf and the Feathered Horse Queen. They should all be at about 10W3 although The Inhuman King and Delecti could be a bit higher. The Nomad Gods game probably has some more heros from the Prax area and there will be others elsewhere. There will be troll and elf heros at this level but only where there are large groups of those people.

>I'd probably pitch them around Ralzakark's level - but that only
>raises another question - what would Ralzakark's stats look like in
>HeroQuest?

I've not seen any stats for Ralzakark but I'd imagine he's about the 10W3 level as a notable hero.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/