Re: True Mostali, Mistress Troll and Dragonewt noble mastery levels

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_nNn4c2XZophoH0lfxH6vd11yI0KTpyuWbGhH2_-nk3NoV_xVCsCjrcjyPvdlYd7xULsBKBT>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 01:51:24 -0700

Quick answers, as I am in Swityerland and with limied email time.

Oh, YGWV.

Quoting valkoharja <rintasaa_at_c651DME7WAzfyEodiFlWNuMUFZeVHellldeCpMhm0XFY5N6AS-1jFSVmbooEJyX_VoVVIJgXP0YeqZVrpxM.yahoo.invalid>:

> I would assume that these lords and ladies of the elder races (what is
> the elven equivalent, an elder parhaps?) are roughly on the same tier
> of power.
>
> But what tier is that? My guess would be that these creatures would be
> either demigod level, or just below. I'd wager 10w2 as the benchmark,
> but I'd love to hear what Greg and the other authors figure it should be.

I would run a "normal" being of these elder races as 10w3 and a leader as 10w4.

> I'd also like to know anything else there is to know about the true
> Mostali. I'd assume they are as tall as humans, but built like
> dwarves. The dwarves are supposed to be small, low quality copies of
> the true Mostali afterall.

Probably taller than humans. And they are made out of metals.

> I've also been wondering what the elven equivalent would be? Are there
> demigod elves? Are the powerful beings of elven forests old elves that
> have turned into trees, trees that have awakened or parhaps centuries
> old dryads.

Elves, being of the people rune, could exist as such from way back. But there would be ancient tre beings, rooted, etc as well. Remember that manz plant beings are less differentiated from each other than people are, and hat in more premythic times this would be even moreso.

> I'd also imagine that while the benchmark for these Elder Lords and
> Ladies is fairly clear, there are great differences between them. All
> the ancient mostali can fight*,

Maybe. Though these days, I doubt that is a tre statement. Do not always accept what is said by zoursiders. If we believed outsiders, we would think all krjalki are one race.

> but they are godlike in their actual
> profession, and only average heroplane fighters when fighting in the
> godswar. A mistress troll on the other hand is propably about as
> skilled in fighting as she is with magic.

Maybe, but unsophisticated in that she is nor a profesional. Big raw power, yes.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford