Re: Forests and wildlands in Heortland, Sartar, Tarsh

From: ileskela <ileskela_at_gcJRGlApce8RmJjOFgU0k07RAAChsqcG0fw9TfRqCPV0rT6f0PGXuyvZdHY91IhKrcT>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 23:10:00 -0000

Donald Oddy wrote (in response to Adept):

> <snip> it's possible for tula's to overlap each other.

and:

> I think you've got a medieval England look for the most part. <snip>

I think you're right.

If the scale of the maps is about right (with a 10 % error marginal), we end up in a situation where the Sartarite tulas *must* overlap, and according to the resulting population density and land use, the situation closely resembles that of medieval England.

This would make Sartar a crowded place, compared to my (and Adept's) vision. YGWV. :)

Even so, I think for Sartarites the landscape is loaded with magic and mythical meaning to a degree where they experience the landscape more intensively than we would. The result is, that even if there's actually not that much land areal per person (that I expected), there's still room for many different things on that land areal. And even short trips can be made long...

Of course, talking of land areal in Gloranthan Orlanthi context is probably somewhat anachronistic, or at least non-Gloranthan... So, these are just my remarks. :)

Ilkka