Re: Truestone, just for theists?

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_NK_unAFvYVRYCM1qdnDLNgEvy_UEHEHZfq2EtVehWC0Bo107MY-v72bk2Zgr>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 09:22:42 +0000 (GMT)

>"Adept"
>

> > David Dunham <david_at_...> wrote:
> >
> > >"Adept"
> > >
> > >Anyway. For HeroQuest I'd say truestone is always a magical
> > >treasure, with a rating. A piece of Red Truestone 10w2 would be a
> > >pretty good start, but it needs some definition (not for all
> > >narrator styles of course, but that wouldn't say a lot to a person
> > >new to Glorantha).
> >
> > And attuning it would give YOU a rating of 13 -- your ability to
> > wield that power is a lot less than the potential power. (We've
> > never had truestone in a HeroQuest game, and probably wouldn't make
> > special rules.)
>
> I forgot that rule. Is it always so? Seems a bit pointless to quest
> for the Windsword or Balastor's Axe if it always starts at 13
> regardless of the item's full power.

I would certainly that most of the powers in Balastor's Axe are due to him and thus give the player a relationship with him at 13 but if they work together they get the full powers :-)

I know nothing of the windsword :-( Sounds like it is entirely possible that it contains a wind diamon so you could rule the same.

Gavain