Re: Truestone, just for theists?

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_aL6LUPy5UIVX7rHR8i4-moy3Lb0xUh1u-hI9xCMT8OKIiN8EMV6bHk4jAaRnAY0VeFd>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 21:40:57 -0000

> Basically this is a play balance mechanism for the game to avoid
> a starting PC walking into a bar and picking up Harrak's cloak.
> If by some miracle Harrak doesn't just kill your PC, it's absurd
> for the PC to be able to use the cloak as well as Harrek.

That's not an approach I personally enjoy. What is the difference then between starting a character with a named sword Skull Cleaver - 13, and then proceeding to put heropoints into raising that number? If somebody finds Balastor's Axe it should make a huge difference.

> Powerful magic items in Glorantha aren't just goodies to be
> collected. They're plot lines.

I would replace "Glorantha" with "Hero Quest" in that sentence, and even then I would treat it with caution.

  -Adept