Re: Truestone, just for theists?

From: David Dunham <david_at_VSLb-5GYhWXgpz4kTT3B2xeikqYebBf0XjLYW73mOb_x2Gt3r_SEtDvHRqdVA5G9oowcFt>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 10:13:38 -0700

Adept

>What is the difference then
>between starting a character with a named sword Skull Cleaver - 13,
>and then proceeding to put heropoints into raising that number? If
>somebody finds Balastor's Axe it should make a huge difference.

We're veering off into rules territory, but... it IS a huge difference. In HeroQuest, a major item acts like a powerful follower. If you make the "Use Balastor's Axe" roll (or "Apply Secrets of Balastor's Axe" if you prefer), then you have the use of a 10W2 axe. Skull Cleaver is just 13 (but doesn't need a roll).

Note also that the resistance may vary depend on what you're trying to do. Using Balastor's Axe against trolls or Praxians might not require a roll at all. Using it against Lunars might have a lot of resistance, if the Axe thinks that they are restoring civilization to Pavis.

--

David Dunham