Glorantha / House of M

From: gregory_molle <gregory.molle_at_HN_UAnwH2ellwfXYy-VpPACEiiykYpe2ojigdlee5Yw72xFo9FBuW-4oMckFtM>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 10:15:45 -0000

Hi,

Maybe did you hear about the event "House of M" in the Marvel Universe in 2005 : because of the madness of the Scarlet Witch, the whole reality was transformed in an alternative one, like a "what if" become true (in this case, an earth where Magneto's dream - Mutants dominate Human - has been realised). Some heroes - with an entire new life / statute - discover that something goes wrong and manage to bring the "real world" back (even - and that's a very good point - when their new life is "better" than the "real" one, especially for Peter Parker).

I liked this story, and I wonder in what way could this idea be applied to Glorantha - if only it is conceivable...

I think there's no possibility to imagine that the whole Glorantha could be transformed in an alternative one (but it could have been the dream of some God Learners... ?) but... we can imagine it as a local event (maybe that's what happens to people under the curse of the the Syndics' Ban ?).

Any ideas about it ?

Disorder / Illusion (in Storm Tribe p.67 : "What is illusion ? In Glorantha, illusion means temporary reality") / Chaos magic could be used to imagine a (group of) community(-ies) suddenly isolated from the rest of the world, in a reality changed without their knowledge. Heortling communities living temporary in a "reality" where Boldhome didn't fall, for example... And "someone" says : there's something wrong...

Maybe a Mostali big plan somewhere didn't work as it should have been...

Maybe a western big "Zzabur-like" magic spell caused such trouble in a city, in a land...

Gregory