Re: New Books (Quality of)

From: simonbrayuk_at_OrgUXtkJ6B8RGcYFafOtFRfgjq5ziJaHO2K3xMeRJz-GGLfTL98avfU79nEFd1Ej
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 10:45:38 EDT

Hi All,

 In defence of the New Books....

 Rick was on a very tight production schedule to produce books for Tentacles. When he came to my house in the UK seven weeks before the con the books were no where near ready, there was no art, copy editing was not fully done and layout had not begun. We decided to push hard and get something organised for Tentacles, to get one book out would have been a miracle, to get three out was bloody insane, but we did it. We are aware of the production issues with this very limited supply and have gone back to layout and printing to make sure that when the full run is done, none of these issues will arise for the general public. These definitely were 'Con Release' books and are not indicative of the final quality of the product. ILH2 went through a similar process. I am sure Rick will accept a 'SHORT' appraisal of any issues you find, if you want to forward it to him.

Simon Bray
Art Director Moon Designs.