Re: New Books (Quality of)

From: Rick Meints <rjmeints_at_TZPnvjZ1a8hyKaJ8ndNxngWA8xjfcXYM5H97bX_AK9qm1qHqIUaDN9_DihI6TNVEQfI>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 15:24:37 -0000

Hello All,

A little background:
The Champions of the Reaching Moon and Blood Over Gold books were both on very tight deadlines to try and get them ready for Tentacles. As the errors in format in both are uncovered they will also all get corrected. Only 40 copies of each book were printed. The printing process is such that these can and will be corrected before the regular printings are sold. Only a few format errors hit Champions, more with Blood Over Gold. At the seminar on Friday where both books were discussed I did mention that we knew of the most glaring font problems with some of the headings and page numbers in Blood Over Gold. Because of them, I lowered the prices of both books by a fair bit. Champions was sold for 10 euros instead of 15, and Blood Over Gold for 15 instead of around 25 euros. In short, discount prices for useable, but imperfect products.

Where we go from here:
If you spot any layout problems, please email me privately with them. I already know of the Heading and Page number problems in Blood Over Gold, and some blurry artwork in both books. Those are already on my needed corrections list. Anything else, please let me know.

Anyone who purchased either book has the following choices: Refund, discount on the next printing, or a free PDF of the corrected version. I would prefer that people opt for a free PDF of the corrected version or the discount, but full refunds are OK too.

I take great care and pride in producing quality printed materials. I hated getting the books a few hours before I packed my bags and headed for the airport. I had a tough call to make, bring nothing, or bring something flawed, but useable and eagerly desired. I chose the latter.

Thanks for bringing this to my fuller attention, and discussing it with me.

Regards,
Rick Meints
Moon Design Publications