Re: Glorantha, HeroQuest and metamagic

From: L C <lightcastle_at_VKiv_1AT3Iut7XweW-MRxuOaoUxyu8sS1vkHrVNu8_jnUvD_m3Dy2Q-0TiQz1xIm>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 12:01:25 -0400

Speaking of which, (and this may need to to the Rules list)... is magic only supposed to ever be resisted by a personal ability (best relevant) or 14?

For instance, somewhere in the sample resistances table it mentions that getting someone to betray their marriage vows or some such is xW2 resistance. In other words, you don't roll against that person's "Loves X" ability, the resistance is situational.

In the case of a magic love spell, would you NOT use that resistance, and instead only use thier "Loves X" ability?

(Just a thought crossing my mind while I wait for a bus.)

LC