Re: Forests and wildlands in Heortland, Sartar, Tarsh

From: Greg <Greg_at_bJJf-RikOaTXsGrg_fMMydbeq2DTIHS0__bbtknKMEdUMjrm79BPB8_hE5UcJ6wchDQ57Wl>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 07:41:22 -0800

YGWV Rob wrote:
> --- In WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:WorldofGlorantha%40yahoogroups.com>, "danguillou" <dguillou_at_...>
> wrote:
> >
> > If you say that you know for a fact that in Glorantha, there is no
> such thing as fire-loving
> > trees, and that aldryami has about the same relationship to fire as
> uz, then IŽll take your
> > word for it.

In my Glorantha there are no fire-living elves, but they nearly all accept the fact that fire is part of the life and death cycle. Fire is a power of the Taker, I think.

> > But I would have thought that Gloranthan forest ecology had enough
> in common with our
> > world ecology, for the aldryami to regard fire as a vital part of
> the cycle of life and death.

Yep.
And some trees, like Redwoods, need fire to reproduce properly.

> I agree with Dan. Even if only in a propitiary form, I can imagine
> elvish exotics who had power over fire. Fire breathing dryads! I am
> sure I met one in a bar once....

Hey, I met her too! Hot date, but ugh, what a bitch to kiss.

> As a Heroquest player we once met a group of Humakti Aldyami!

Heck, recall the Temple of the Wooden Sword!

Anything is possible, and sure, there might be a group of aberrant fire-loving elves. They would be unique, mind you, but they might exist. They don't live it, any more than you and I might love death. It is a part of life and death, inevitable but not loved.

--
Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.