Re: Forests and wildlands in Heortland, Sartar, Tarsh

From: Paolo Guccione <p.guccione_at_IZjFODOXpus-ycH6LgEoFXjjzzX6HSlU-3_yffnxLxQL81xYoq64e84LdvfFY_lDg>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 01:41:07 +0200

> > Speculation: Those Aldryami who are closely tied to plants that need
> > fire to reproduce are more disposed to this tendency. (I'll refer to
> > them as "redwood Aldryami" for shorthand, but I mean all Aldryami
> > associated with plants that depend on fire.)

> Yes, including many that are the little plants.

Hmmm, I am very unsure about this. Little plants do not depend on fire for reproduction, AFAIK (but it has been 20 years since I took my last Botany course :) ). It is mainly conifers, especially in North America, that reproduce only when the old trees have burned. Furthermore, when a deciduous forest (brown Aldryami) burns, the first trees to regrow on the ashes are conifers (green Aldryami). Only after firs and pines have reclaimed the land can oaks and beeches grow again, and onlyafter the conifers have died.

If the earth parallel is applicable, then it is Vronkali that have some connection to fire in their reproductive cycle. Hey, is it not they who mostly worship Halamalao among elves? Maybe this deity is connected to fertility for the Green Aldryami.