Re: Forests and wildlands in Heortland, Sartar, Tarsh

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_rDvHcgsLIsFJIQSoafPFSMeaHYF7g8XZxQeRaYEVxwDbcdvsVb9OIkgtE4f8dyswDdIcC>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 20:52:02 -0700

>> Perhaps finding a way to break this magical community is one of the ways
>> to fight the
>> Reforestation. Could it be that the Bristlecone Elves are much much less
>> than enthusiastic
>> about the White Pine Elves' aggressive forest expansion plans?
>
> I don't think the Bristlecones would need to worry about much of
> anything. :)

Just for those that don't know, Bristlecone Pines are the oldest living things so far found on earth, with the oldest (still living) one being over 4,700 years old (one with 4,844 rings was cut down...). They don't have much in the way of competition from other plants, growing in the 10,000-11,000 foot elevations (over 3 kilometers above sea level, for our non-imperial friends - more than twice the height of Ben Nevis - the highest point in the British Isles).

http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/bristlecone_pine.htm
http://sonic.net/bristlecone/
http://www.amwest-travel.com/awt_bristle.html

White Pines would never incroach on Bristlecone territory - besides being a thousand mile apart in range, the White Pine doesn't grow above 5,000 feet/1500 m. ...

That's if you're going by Real World trees, of course.

RR