Re: Glornatha Lunar Empire

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_-NFKyx2-p8-x_-gLItNT_kHfg6amKoQIAgQ-nGnrL64shhx5tQe4khIV_8G6EtgnTVV0K>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 10:41:39 -0700

> Thanks, appreciate that.
>
> What year does the third age start.. A campaign in the end of the second
> age intrigues me...

The catastophes that end the Second age happen over a period of time - there's really not one particular date to point to and say "This is the beginning of the Third Age". Also, different places experience some events (such as the Closing) at different times than others.

Let's see what I can glean...

910ish - The Closing starts to shut down sea voyages. Radiating out from Brithos, it eventually shuts down all ship traffic over the seas of Glorantha. I know there is a map of the various dates the Closing hit various lands, but I can't for the life of me find it. 1042: EWF wiped out "overnight" by the Dragonewts 1049 Godlearnerism destroyed when the various planes "snap back" to their pre-GL-warped configurations, brought on by the Shattering of Seshnela. 1100 (or 1120 - sources vary) Dragonkill war (Dragonkill wipes out all humans in Dragon pass, and is named for what the Dragons did, not what happened to them!)

So you can see that there is around two centuries of catastrophes to play with. Playing in the 1040's could be very interesting (in the chinese curse meaning of "interesting").

RR