Re: Glornatha Lunar Empire

From: Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_JRtfqw6PMrqKH5UFbY02qpPbrH6ljf46a7oP-lfnVfo1TiWc8aUSgsZBiqG>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 13:55:36 -0400

> 910ish - The Closing starts to shut down sea voyages. Radiating out from
> Brithos, it eventually shuts down all ship traffic over the seas of
> Glorantha. I know there is a map of the various dates the Closing hit
> various lands, but I can't for the life of me find it.

It's in "The Missing Lands" I believe. Peter Metcalfe has an interesting timeline of these events here: http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/TimelineSeas.htm

920 ST The Closing radiates from Brithos [G:CotHW#1].

922 ST The Closing strikes Fronela .[G:CotHW#1].

930 ST The Closing strikes Slontos [G:CotHW#1].

935 ST The Closing reaches Mirrorsea Bay [G:CotHW#1].

940 ST The Closing reaches Jrustela [G:CotHW#1].

954 ST The Closing reaches Kralorela [G:CotHW#1].

955 ST The Closing reaches Umathela and Teleos [G:CotHW#1].

956 ST The Closing reaches the Marintho Sea [G:CotHW#1].

960 ST The Closing reaches Vormain [G:CotHW#1].

965 ST The Closing reaches the Eastern Isles but dissapates [G:CotHW#1].

> 1042: EWF wiped out "overnight" by the Dragonewts

And don't forget the fabled Blue Moon Assassins! They could be lurking anywhere!

I think the 2nd Age closing disaster I'm most intrigued by are the "Gift Carriers of the Sending Gods", that delivered doom to the God Learners. Not much has been published about them, but they always sounded incredibly interesting.

--
-Santo
"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."